Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Classmates/Schoolmates/Sister Midwives are hiding!

So I set out this morning in search of my birthwise sister-midwives. I mentioned previously meeting a very nice woman named Rachel during my interview, and after finding her, and a classmate (kind of- she's in the community based program) on Facebook (I don't have my classmates list yet) I set out to find birthwise women in anyway possible. it's not as easy as one might think.
I admit it: I did some page stalking, and found Rachel's blog @Isaiah61midwife.blogspot.com. also- bloodyshow.wordpress.com is another soon-to-be school mate.

For a while, I've either gotten the look/comment that I was crazy or something along the lines of a polite "Well that's interesting..." when I mentioned my ambitions in Midwifery- you can imagine how awesome it is to me to be reading the thoughts and experiences of those just a year ahead of me in midwifery school and seeing what i have to look forward to and have something in common with. up until this week, the only people I'd spoken to were midwives with 10+ years of experience under their belts... not to mention the impressive histories of Ina May Gaskin, Peggy Vincent and Cara Mulhalhn.

I'm still on the search for more classmates/schoolmates/sister-midwives, so come give me a shout! I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment